4.04.2011

Constant Cravings

For the past 3 months now I have led a very boring life.  

Mondays:           teach 2 hours of Zumba fitness
Tuesdays:          work out with trainer
Wednesdays:    teach 1/2 hour of Zumba fitness
Thursdays:         work out with trainer, teach 1 hour of Zumba fitness (every other week)
Fridays:              usually do something like attend a special Zumba event or treadmill sprint intervals
Saturdays:         teach 1 hour of Zumba fitness
Sundays:           day off

I find on Sundays I have a constant craving to do something physical…like exercise.  Some Sundays I'll do it - now that the weather is finally breaking a good, heart-pumping bike ride would fit the bill - but on most Sundays I force myself to abstain and give my body a rest.

In between all the exercise time I do all my normal stuff: laundry, housekeeping, bill paying, errands, food shopping, cooking, emails, organizing, plus add my job - thank goodness I work out of my home!

For many years I never thought I could fit the exercise component into my hectic schedule.  I've seen many other people fit it in (some easily, some not but they'd still find a way).  I am happy and proud to say I have figured out a way to fit it in that keeps me excited to exercise.  I have always loved to dance (consider myself to be one of the original Disco Queens) and am thrilled that I have discovered Zumba fitness. It is the most addicting cardio I have ever done.  

And I love seeing my trainer because I love how he pushes me.  

Back in LA when a trainer wanted me to do something I had never tried before my brain would immediately think, "Yeah, right, I can't do that!"  What stinkin' thinkin'!  Towards the end trainer Bronson said something to me that really hit me hard.  He told me I kept stopping faster progression because for so long I didn't have the confidence to do physical things.  He was totally right!  I had never thought about it that way but being as big as I was, as sedentary as I was with poor balance and achy joints DID make me believe I couldn't do most physical things.  Bronson made me open my mind to new possibilities.

Now, when my East Coast trainer has me do something new I immediately think, "OK he thinks I'm ready to do this so I'm giving it my all."  And I'm able to perform every task he's asked of me so far.  Some are shaky in the beginning, but I build it up to where I can perform the task flawlessly.  You cannot imagine what it feels like to complete the task!  It's a combination of pride, satisfaction, bewilderment, and confidence.  For you that feeling may be something different.  I challenge you all to figure out what that feeling is for you and report back.  I promise you'll love yourself for it!

This week should be the BIG milestone - the week where I hit the 100-pound mark.  I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment