9.24.2010

Sugar, Oh Honey, Honey

Yesterday began on a great note but by 2:30 I was very cranky and I don't know why. I hate that out of control feeling I get when my mood goes south.  I guess it's hormones - I don't really know but I do know that's not the real me.

The 1st thing I thought of after a minor encounter with my Honey was: "I want something sweet." I actually caught myself thinking that!

Why do my thoughts go automatically there - to sugarland?

More specifically, it's not really plain sugar...it's actually chocolate and fat that I crave when I'm stressed or hormonal.  The only explanation I have is the serotonin, endorphins and other compounds inherently found in chocolate that lift your mood.  I think I crave not only knowing how delicious and decadent the chocolate would be, but also that consuming the chocolate will enhance my mood. 

But, alas, I'm playing Game On! and chocolate was not on my menu yesterday. So...I didn't have any. Instead I grabbed another bottle of water and took a quick break from reality by escaping into a book.  It did make me feel better and i finished my day with a perfect score!

I'm saving the chocolate for my day off.   

No comments:

Post a Comment