10.01.2010

Move, Shake, Drop

My body is my temple.

It doesn't agree.

It's too busy being sore - in different places everyday.

Getting in shape is hard work. Aside from working out with Marc (aka Mr. Clean), I've been doing more running to train for the Marine Corps Marathon 10K. You didn't really think I'd be running the marathon, did you? Nope. I'm leaving that up to my girl Ginger.

I'm so excited because my LA girls are reuniting for that weekend! Judy's flying in from Dallas and Maria's flying in from Miami. Our girl Kandee is flying in from LA to meet up with a friend. We're the smart ones - running the 10K. Once we cross that finish line we'll hang out and cheer Ginger on as she crosses her finish line a few hours later.

You see Ginger got herself in a pickle and I've never been a fan of pickled ginger. (That's one item always left behind on my sushi plate - ha!) Ginger has convinced a slew of people from work to run this marathon with her including her CEO and her Board of Directors. Now she's under stress to really perform!

But, Ginger, your LA peeps KNOW you can do it!

We're all moving, shaking and dropping (pounds, that is)!

So back to my body. This week's extra running is starting to affect my shins. They are sore and sometimes throb. I've been icing them and will continue to do so until they get used to keeping up with my determination. I've come to grips with the fact that new areas of my body will flare up on a regular basis.

As Mr. Clean said, "That's par for the course for an athlete."

Puts a whole new perspective on things, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment